Chief Master Sergeant Maribeth O. Ferrer is the Command Chief, Air Force Sustainment Center, headquartered at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. She is the senior enlisted leader and primary advisor to the commander for the center, leading 40,000 total force Airmen spanning three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, and two supply chain wings which operate from 26 locations around the world. Chief Ferrer is responsible for ensuring the commander’s directions are carried out to provide mission-essential support to joint and interagency operations, allies, coalition partners, and foreign military sales partners to deliver combat power for America.
Chief Ferrer entered the Air Force in June 1996. She graduated from the Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice Course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas in November 1996. Her background covers a wide range of duties in both small and large military treatment facilities. Chief Ferrer has served in various leadership roles in many distinct installations like the medical wing, the Air Force Academy, and the Air Force's most forward-deployed wing. Her deployment experience includes tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, and United Arab Emirates in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM and as well as both FREEDOMS SENTINEL and RESOLUTE SUPPORT. Prior to assuming her current position, Chief Ferrer was the command chief of the 633d Air Base Wing at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
1996 Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1999 Associate of Applied Science, Allied Health Sciences, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Airman Leadership School, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2019 USAF Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course
2020 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2022 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2022 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1996 - July 1996, Basic Military Trainee, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. July 1996 - November 1996, Student, Aerospace Medical Service Course Phase I, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. November 1996 - January 1997, Student, Aerospace Medical Service Course Phase II, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. January 1997 - March 1998, Medical Technician, Inpatient Obstetrics Element, Edwards AFB, Calif.
5. March 1998 - June 2002, Medical Technician, Primary Care Optimizations Clinic, Edwards AFB, Calif.
6. June 2002 - October 2004, Critical Care Technician, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. October 2004 - May 2006, Assistant NCOIC, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Lackland AFB, Texas (September 2004 - January 2005, Shift Supervisor, Intensive Care Ward, Balad Air Base, Iraq)
8. May 2006 - June 2007, NCOIC, Flight Medicine Clinic, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
9. June 2007 - June 2010, Flight Chief, Flight Medicine Flight, Aviano AB, Italy (August 2009 - February 2010, Intensive Care Flight Chief, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
10. June 2010 - April 2012, Flight Chief, Maternal Child Flight, Travis AFB, Calif.
11. April 2012 - November 2012, Flight Superintendent, Critical Care Flight, Travis AFB, Calif.
12. November 2012 - February 2015, Superintendent, 60th Inpatient Operations Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
13. March 2015 - March 2016, Superintendent, 51st Medical Operations Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
14. April 2016 - 15 December 2017, Superintendent, 10th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Air Force Academy, Colo. (April 2017- October 2017, Superintendent, 380th Expeditionary Medical Group, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates)
15. Jan 2018 - April 2019, Superintendent, 75th Medical Group, Hill AFB, Utah.
16. May 2019 – July 2020, Superintendent, 39th Medical Group, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.
17. July 2020 – June 2021, Command Chief, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.
18. June 2021 – July 2023, Command Chief, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
19. August 2023 – Present, Command Chief, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2000 John L. Levitow, Airman Leadership School
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2009 United States Air Forces in Europe Olson-Wegner Aerospace Medical Service SNCO of the Year
2011 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2014 Association of Military Surgeons of the United States Lewis L. Seaman Senior Enlisted Award for Outstanding Operational Support