Colonel G. Hall Sebren Jr. is the Deputy Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, headquartered at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. As the AFSC Deputy Commander, he leads 40,000 Total Force Airmen across 3 Air Logistics Complexes, 2 Air Base Wings, and 2 Supply Chain Wings, operating from a global network of 26 locations.
The AFSC is responsible for $26 billion in assets generating $16 billion in annual revenue. The command provides global logistics and sustainment planning, operations, and command and control including agile software development and sustainment, supply chain management and execution, weapons systems maintenance, modification, repair, and overhaul, as well as critical sustainment for the Air Force and Navy nuclear enterprise. The AFSC also provides mission essential support to joint and interagency operations, allies, coalition partners, and foreign military sales partners.
Colonel Sebren was born at Laughlin AFB, Texas, and moved through various Air Force bases, completing high school in Marietta, Georgia. He was commissioned through the United States Air Force Academy in 1996 and hold Masters’ degrees from Embry Riddle, University of Colorado, and the Air War College.
1996 Bachelor of Science degree in biology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master’s Degree in aeronautical science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, by correspondence 2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Master’s Degree in leadership and counseling, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- August 1996 – September 1998, Armament Flight Commander and Sortie Generation Officer in Charge, Falcon Aircraft Maintenance Flight, 57th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- September 1998 – August 2001, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 81st Fighter Squadron; Logistics Operations Flight Commander, 52nd Logistics Support Squadron; Executive Officer, 52nd Logistics Group; Maintenance Supervisor, 52nd Component Repair Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
- September 2001 – July 2004, Director of Operations, 372nd Field Training Squadron; Executive Officer 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- July 2004 – July 2006 Logistics Career Broadening Officer, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
- July 2006 – May 2007, Director of Operations, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
- May 2007 – May 2008, IDE/Master’s Student University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- May 2008 – May 2010, Commander, Cadet Squadron 2, United Stated Air Force Academy, Colo.
- July 2010 – June 2011, Commander, 332nd Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq
- July 2011 – July 2013, Deputy Chief Global Precision Attack Branch, Combat Forces Division; then Chief, Exercise Branch, Program Integration Division, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- July 2013 – July 2015, Deputy Commander 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
- July 2015 – Jun 2016, Installation Chief of Safety, Hill AFB, Utah
- July 2016 – May 2017, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- June 2017 – June 2019, Commander, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
- July 2018 – July 2020, Commander, 20th Maintenance Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- July 2020 – June 2021, Vice Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
- June 2021 – July 2023, Commander, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- July 2023 – Present, Deputy Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two bronze oak leaf clusters Bronze Star Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and two bronze oak leaf cluster Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 29, 1998
Captain May 29, 2000
Major May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2010
Colonel March 1, 2017
(Current as of Aug 2023)