Col. Jeffrey G. Holland is the 75th Air Base Wing and Installation Commander at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. The wing provides installation support for the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, two fighter wings, and 50 other associate units, totaling 27,000 members consisting of active duty, civilian and contractor personnel. Additionally, it directly supports Air Expeditionary Forces operations.
Colonel Holland entered active duty from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 2000. He has served in every facet of the Air Force’s field-level aircraft maintenance enterprise in both in-garrison and expeditionary environments and has worked at Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and U.S. Transportation Command. Prior to his current position, the colonel was the 509th Maintenance Group Commander at Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri.
2000 Bachelor of Science in English, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 U.S. Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2008 Master of Science in Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Master in Public Administration, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2017 Master in National Security and Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. August 2000 - August 2003, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, 6th Logistics Support Squadron and 6th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron then Group Executive Officer, 6th Maintenance Group, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
2. August 2003 - May 2006, Maintenance Flight Commander, 437th Maintenance Squadron, and Aircraft Maintenance Unit Officer-in-Charge, 437th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Charleston Air Force Base, S.C.
3. May 2006 - August 2006, Student, U.S. Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
4. August 2006 - March 2008, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
5. April 2008 - February 2010, Operations Officer, 86th Maintenance Operations Squadron and 86th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. March 2010 - May 2011, Special Action Officer to the Commander and then Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
7. May 2011 - June 2013, Commander, 317th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
8. July 2013 - June 2014, Chief of Staff of the Air Force Scholar, Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
9. July 2014 - April 2015, Chief, Global Mobility Programming Branch, Global Mobility Division, Directorate of Programs, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. April 2015 - July 2016, Chief, Program Development Branch, Program Integration Division, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Programs), Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Financial Management and Comptroller), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. August 2016 - June 2017, Student, Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2017 - June 2018, Deputy Commander, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
13. July 2018 – June 2020, Chief, Global Plans Branch, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Policy, and Logistics (TCJ5/J4), U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
14. June 2020 – June 2022, Commander, 509th Maintenance Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
15. June 2022 – Present, Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2018 – June 2020, Chief, Global Plans Branch, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Policy, and Logistics (TCJ5/J4), U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain May 31, 2004
Major January 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2013
Colonel January 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2022)