Colonel G. Hall Sebren Jr. is the 72nd Air Base Wing Commander, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He leads nearly 3,000 Airmen and is responsible for $5.4 billion in resources and $311 million operating budget. He provides installation support for over 27,000 personnel assigned to the Headquarters Air Force Sustainment Center, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, 552nd Air Control Wing, Navy Strategic Communications Wing One, 507th Air Refueling Wing, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing and 45 other associate units including the Defense Logistics Agency, Defense Information Systems Agency, Defense Finance and Accounting Service and 38th Cyberspace Engineering Installation Group. The 72nd ABW enables numerous critical missions at Tinker AFB, the largest single-site employer in the state of Oklahoma.
Colonel Sebren was born at Laughlin AFB, Texas, and moved through various Air Force bases, completing high school in Marietta, Georgia. He entered the Air Force in 1996 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy and has been a flight commander, operations officer, squadron commander and group commander, both deployed and in-garrison. He completed course work at the Air War College, graduating with academic distinction and earned the Senior Leadership Innovation Award for research excellence. As an aircraft maintenance officer, he has served in numerous positions maintaining A-10, C-130, F-15, F-16, F-22, F-35, HH-60, MQ-1, MC-12, and T-38 aircraft.
Prior to his current position, Colonel Sebren was the Vice Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah. He was responsible for cost, schedule and quality of depot repair, overhaul and modification of the A-10, C-130, F-16, F-22, F-35 and T-38 aircraft, the Minuteman intercontinental ballistic missile system, and a wide range of commodities. His responsibilities extended to maintenance operations at remote sites in Japan, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas and California, as well as ICBM wings located in Wyoming, North Dakota and Montana.
1996 Bachelor of Science degree in biology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master’s Degree in aeronautical science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, by correspondence
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Master’s Degree in leadership and counseling, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1996 – September 1998, Armament Flight Commander and Sortie Generation Officer in Charge, Falcon Aircraft Maintenance Flight, 57th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2. September 1998 – August 2001, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 81st Fighter Squadron; Logistics Operations Flight Commander, 52nd Logistics Support Squadron; Executive Officer, 52nd Logistics Group; Maintenance Supervisor, 52nd Component Repair Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
3. September 2001 – July 2004, Director of Operations, 372nd Field Training Squadron; Executive Officer 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
4. July 2004 – July 2006 Logistics Career Broadening Officer, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
5. July 2006 – May 2007, Director of Operations, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
6. May 2007 – May 2008, IDE/Master’s Student University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colo.
7. May 2008 – May 2010, Commander, Cadet Squadron 2, United Stated Air Force Academy, Colo.
8. July 2010 – June 2011, Commander, 332nd Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq
9. July 2011 – July 2013, Deputy Chief Global Precision Attack Branch, Combat Forces Division; then Chief, Exercise Branch, Program Integration Division, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2013 – July 2015, Deputy Commander 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
11. July 2015 – Jun 2016, Installation Chief of Safety, Hill AFB, Utah
12. July 2016 – May 2017, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2017 – June 2019, Commander, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
14. July 2018 – July 2020, Commander, 20th Maintenance Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
15. July 2020 – June 2021, Vice Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
16. June 2021 – Present, Commander, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and two bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 29, 1998
Captain May 29, 2000
Major May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2010
Colonel March 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2021)