Mr. Dennis L. D’Angelo, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He is responsible for assisting the commander in providing operational planning and execution of Air Force Supply Chain Management and Depot Maintenance missions for a wide range of aircraft, engines, missiles and component items in support of Air Force Materiel Command missions. He assists in overseeing operations which span three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, two supply chain management wings and multiple remote locations that incorporate more than 43,000 military and civilian personnel. In addition, he helps ensure installation support to more than 75,000 personnel working in 140 associate units at the three AFSC bases.
Mr. D’Angelo graduated from Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia in 1977, and was commissioned in the United States Air Force as a pilot. He served the majority of his 30-year career piloting C-5s and also served as Commander of the 88th Logistics Group and Vice Commander of the 88th Air Base Wing at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Upon his retirement from active duty, Mr. D’Angelo joined the civil service as Chief of the U.S. Africa Command Deployment and Distribution Operations Center in Stuttgart, Germany. He was later promoted to Director of Staff, Operations Directorate, U.S. Africa Command. Following his U.S. Africa Command position, he was appointed Deputy Director of Logistics and Engineering at U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Florida.
Prior to his current position, Mr. D’Angelo led the 448th Supply Chain Management Wing, where he executed the Air Force Supply Chain in support of operational aircraft, engines, ICBMs, Space & C3I and support equipment.
1977 Bachelor of Arts, Education, Virginia Tech., Blacksburg, Va.
1983 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1992 Master of Arts, Aviation Management, Embry-Riddle University, Daytona, Fla.
1993 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by seminar program
1998 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2011 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2013 Harvard Executive Fellows, Cambridge, Mass.
1. April 1978–April 1979, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Reese AFB, Texas
2. April 1979–June 1982, T-38 Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Reese AFB, Texas
3. June 1982–September 1986, C-5 Squadron Pilot Instructor, 75th Military Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. September 1986–September 1987, Pilot, 60th Military Airlift Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. September 1987–April 1988, Assistant Chief C-5 Standards, 15th Air Force, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. April 1988–April 1990, Assistant Chief C-5 Aircrew Standards, Headquarters Military Airlift Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. April 1990–July 1991, Staff Officer, Requirements Director, Headquarters Military Airlift Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. July 1991–September 1993, Staff Officer, Requirements Director, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. September 1993–July 1994, Staff Officer, Programs and Evaluations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. July 1994–July 1996, Commander, 635th Air Mobility Support Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
11. July 1996–July 1997, Chief Partnership for Peace Exercises, U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
12. July 1997–August 1998, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
13. July 1998–July 1999, Chief Mobility Operation, USAFE Air Mobility Operations Center, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
14. July 1999–July 2001, U.S. Transportation Command Liaison, Stuttgart, Germany.
15. July 2001–October 2002, Commander, 88th Logistics Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. October 2002–February 2003, Chief of Staff, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. February 2003 - July 2004, Vice Commander, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
18. July 2004–July 2006, Chief EUCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
19. July 2006–May 2008, Chief of Staff, Strategy, Plans, Programs, and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
20. 2008, retired from U.S. Air Force active duty
21. May 2008–May 2011, Chief, AFRICOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Headquarters U.S. Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany
22. May 2011–June 2012, Director of Staff, J3 Operations, Headquarters U.S. Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany
23. June 2012–December 2014, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany
24. December 2014–October 2017, Deputy Director of Logistics and Engineering, U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
25. October 2017–August 2020, Director, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
26. August 2020–present, Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Airlift Tanker Association
Air Force Association
(Current as of September 2020)