Michael E. Jennings, a Senior Level Executive, is Technical Advisor for Weapon Systems Software Sustainment, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Material Command. Mr. Jennings serves as a national and international authority in sustainment of weapon system software, providing technical direction and oversight in these areas for the Air Force. He provides advice and guidance to top Air Force and government officials as well as to multiple nationally important aerospace weapon system programs.
The AFSC software enterprise has over 40 years’ experience providing software development and sustainment products and services to a wide array of multi-service customers and partnering nations. Software engineering groups span multiple geographic sites including the Air Logistics Complexes at Hill, Robins and Tinker Air Forces Bases; and consist of more than 4,400 multi-disciplined software professionals performing the full-spectrum of software development for the Department of Defense.
Mr. Jennings, an Oklahoma native, was recruited as an Air Force civilian engineer through the Junior Fellowship Program and began his civilian career as a Student Trainee in 1985. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Director of the 76th Software Engineering Group, providing leadership to one of the premier software development organizations in the Department of Defense. Mr. Jennings’s civilian service career spans more than 30 years with numerous engineering, leadership and management positions.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Masters of Arts in Military Studies, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
1. July 1985–May 1998, Engineering Trainee, 38th Engineering Installation Group, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
2. May 1988–May 1990, Engineering Trainee, Software Division, Directorate of Maintenance, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. May 1990–August 1995, Electronics Engineer, Avionics Test Software Section, Software Division, Okla.
4. August 1995–May 1997, Team Coordinator, Engine Accessories Test Software Section, Software Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. May 1997–February 2006, Chief, Supervisory Electronic Engineer, 555th Software Maintenance Squadron, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. February 2006–February 2009, Technical Director, Test Program Sets, 76th Software Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. February 2009–February 2013, Deputy Director, 76th Software Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. February 2013–July 2019, Director, 76th Software Engineering Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. July 2019–present, Technical Advisor, Weapon System Software Sustainment, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Material Command, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Certified Acquisition Professional, Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Systems Engineering, Level III
(Current as of March 2020)