Brig. Gen. Jennifer Hammerstedt is the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. As the commander, she serves a world-class workforce of more than 7,200 personnel. The Complex performs programmed depot maintenance and modification on all variants of the F-15, C-130, C-5, C-17 and special operations forces aircraft as well as the RQ-4, E-8C and TH-1H. Additionally, she is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of diverse aircraft components, avionics and electronic warfare equipment along with development and sustainment of mission critical software, test program sets and automated test equipment.
Brig. Gen. Hammerstedt received her commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1996. During her career, Brig. Gen. Hammerstedt has led flightline maintenance and munitions operations in seven different Air Force wings. She deployed worldwide in support of operations Northern and Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom and New Dawn, including two deployed squadron commands. Brig. Gen. Hammerstedt has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels, as well as served in key staff positions on two Air Force Major Command staffs, as an Air Force Legislative Fellow and Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense.
1992 New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell
1996 Bachelor of Science, Human Factors Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Master of Science, Human Resource Management, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
2004 U.S. Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2006 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Intermediate Developmental Education, Air Force Legislative Fellow, Washington, D.C.
2010 Certificate in Legislative Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
2011 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Executive Champions Lean Six Sigma Certification, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
2016 The Depot & Arsenal Executive Leadership Program, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. October 1996–May 1997, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 358th Fighter Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. May 1997–January 1999, Munitions Flight Commander, 355th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
3. January 1999–December 2001, Sortie Support and Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 19th Fighter Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
4. December 2001–January 2003, Executive Officer to the Director, Headquarters Air Combat Command Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Langley AFB, Va.
5. January 2003–January 2005, Chief of Maintenance Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters ACC Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Langley AFB, Va.
6. January 2005–January 2006, Officer in Charge, 80th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 8th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
7. January 2006–July 2008, Operations Officer, 33rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla. (September 2007–January 2008, Commander, 455th Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
8. July 2008–December 2009, Air Force Legislative Fellow, Student, Intermediate Developmental Education
9. December 2009–May 2010, Air Force Legislative Liaison Officer, Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. June 2010–June 2011, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
11. July 2011–June 2012, Chief, Commander’s Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. June 2012–August 2013, Executive Officer to the Commander, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. August 2013–June 2014, Student, National War College, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. July 2014–June 2016, Commander, 402nd Aircraft Maintenance Group, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. June 2016–April 2018, Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
16. April 2018 – July 2020, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. July 2020–present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2018–July 2020, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force-level Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Field Grade Manager of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 1, 1998
Captain May 1, 2000
Major May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel Oct. 1, 2014
Brigadier General July 14, 2020
(Current as of July 2020)